If you are in the business of psychology for any period of time you will eventually attract a psychopath.
- Mr. Macdonald refers to himself as a ‘Reporter’? Mr. Macdonald is Not a ‘reporter’, and has clearly fabricated the title to create the illusion of authority and fact finding, which he uses to mislead others into thinking he is somebody important. All of his writing, opinions are based off of his young and extremely limited experience being unable to consider dynamic, innovative outside the known range of information thinking.
- Mr. Macdonald has never interviewed me, so his claim of an interview is completely FALSE.
- I was first labeled a ‘suicide prevention expert’ by The United States Congressman Bob Doman on his Nationally Syndicated Talk Radio show ‘The Bob Doman Show’, on July 16, 2004 http://www.bobdornan.com/ . I just released my book the year prior covering Near-Death Experiences and suicide prevention called, ‘My Last Breath’ wherein I talk about my suicide attempt in 1987. Mr. Doman referred to me as a ‘Suicide Prevention Expert’ based off of my knowledge of the subject at the time of the interview.
- All of my print, radio, internet and television appearances on life after death have included talks about suicide prevention. The book is a platform to initiate a discussion about the taboo topic of suicide. Sources and links to interviews and prior work: can be found at http://mylastbreath.com/MLB_interviews_news.htm “As seen on: CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, ESPN, Coast to Coast, Good Morning America, 20/20.”
- Good Moring America and 20/20 interview July 13, 2007, viewed by over 6,000,000 – I was investigated by abc for (6) months prior to airing this episode. 6 minutes into the show it talks about my suicide prevention work: https://youtu.be/B9bHee6Idt0 Also, if you go to abc’s website at the following link you will find a link to International Suicide Prevention referenced during the episode: http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3359251&page=1 Interview on ‘Coast to Coast’ with George Noory on July 16, 2004, http://www.coasttocoastam.com/ . Topics discussed were; Near-death experiences and suicide prevention.
- My academic background was brought in to
question but, it really doesn’t need to be covered publicly and is available
upon the request from known journalists, and real reporters, or during the training
I conduct. The point being that if I
listed all of my studies I’d need to write a book to cover everything as it stretches
over (3) decades, (longer that Mr. Macdonald has been alive). But, I will tell
you that during my days in college (UNLV), I was tested for my IQ: My score was
163 in 1989. I have rarely shared this
information as I find the more education you obtain the more it distances you from
those that are seeking out your help, as it is intimidating and creates
stigma. I also don’t put much credence
into IQ tests: http://listverse.com/2013/05/19/8-reasons-the-iq-is-meaningless/
- As far as my formal suicide training background; I have attending many training courses and I have found them to be completely useless in the treatment of suicidal ideation. Therefore, I wouldn’t list, nor recommend anything that would propagate suicidal tendencies.
- Since March 2015, I have sat on the Editorial Board of the prestigious International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience which is published by OMICS Group (True). Again, when someone doesn’t do their research and makes claims publicly about known mental health journals for the publishing of respected mental health professionals, it is very disturbing and concerning.
- International Suicide Prevention a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit.
- There are no peer preview studies for Nu-Rekall™. If anyone would like to discuss this, please feel free to contact me. I don’t hide myself from those in the field of science or academia and welcome open discussions about my processes.
- I’m currently working on a project to build the first self-help suicidal treatment app for mobile devices. This information is also proprietary and in the process of being copyrighted. It does need funding. Go Fund Me: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-new-rules-mind-matthew-d-dovel?trk=prof-post .
- '4 Phase’ procedure is open source but, how and why it works is propitiatory and the proper disclosure documents must be signed in order to discuss the findings. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/5-new-rules-mind-matthew-d-dovel?trk=prof-post
- The rest of Mr. Macdonald comments are opinions based on limited knowledge of how the mind works limiting his understanding of advanced psychology.
- Mr. Macdonald’s ‘Best Practices and Policies’.
- Dustin K. Macdonald: http://dustinkmacdonald.com/about/
- Dustin K. Macdonald LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dustinkmacdonald
- Place of work of Dustin K. Macdonald: Distress Centre Durham, Canada: http://www.distresscentredurham.com/
- Representative on the Youth Suicide Prevention (YSP) Action Group, part of the Durham Child and Youth Planning Network (DCYPN): http://www.dcypn.ca/index.php/community-initiatives/youth-suicide-prevention-action-group
- Representative on the Technology Committee of the National Suicide Prevention Service (NSPS)
International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience (2015), ‘Suicidal People are Made Not Born!’ Vol. 17, No.3, pp. 661-663, ISSN 1522-4821
International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Human Resilience(2015), ‘Suicide is a Permanent Solution to a Temporary Problem’, Vol. 17, No.2, pp. 546-547, ISSN 1522-4821
Articles written by Matthew D. Dovel
Reprogramming the Mind: in 5 Minutes (2016), LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reprogramming-your-mind-5-minutes-matthew-d-dovel?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Psychology Today: The Suicide Switch (2016), LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/reprogramming-your-mind-5-minutes-matthew-d-dovel?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Changing the Behavior Matrix (2016), LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/changing-behavior-matrix-matthew-d-dovel?trk=pulse_spock-articles
Matthew D. Dovel, President & Founder of International Suicide Prevention (non profit), Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Emergency Mental Health and Scientist in Human Behavioral Modification has dedicated his life’s work to understanding and preventing suicide, education services to reduce suicide rates, providing post-suicide support for families and providing tested result based solutions for depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress and suicidal ideation.
In 2005, Dovel delivered Suicide Intervention training at the Cree Reservation in Oujé-Bougoumou, Canada and the 4 Phase technique reduced suicides from 1 non-fatal attempt per and 1 fatal outcome per month to 1 non-fatal attempt per month and ZERO fatal outcomes in the subsequent six months.
Advanced Nu-Rekall™ past-memory cognitive hierarchical override system training is now available in limited quantities.
To learn more about Nu-Rekall™ advanced memory systems please contact:Matthew D. Dovel
1736 E. Charleston Blvd. #301
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
+1 702 743 4340 U.S.A.